Summary: The description, specs, MSRP and photos of the Browning 1911-22 Commemorative pistol sets.
- An alloy frame with a gloss-blued finish;
- a machined aluminum slide with a gloss-blued finish and gold-enhanced engraving commemorating the 100th anniversary of John M. Browning’s 1911 design;
- a stainless steel barrel block with a matte-blued finish and target crown;
- a blowback semiauto with a single-action trigger;
- checkered double-diamond walnut grips with a satin finish;
- fixed sights;
- a detachable 10-round magazine;
- a manual thumb safety; and
- a grip safety.
The 1911-22 Commemorative is made in the USA.
In the first boxed set, the 1911-22 comes with a full-size 1911 chambered in .45 ACP. This steel-framed pistol features the 1913 Government contract configuration and sports the same style finish and engraving as the 1911-22 Commemorative.
In the second set, the 1911-22 comes with a Ka-Bar knife. It features a 5.25″ blade formed from 1095 Cr-Vanadium steel and engraved with 1911-22 logo, a stacked leather handle, and a leather sheath with a retainer snap.
Both sets come in a velvet-lined walnut case with a printed glass top that proclaims the 100th anniversary of the famous John M. Browning design of the 1911. The inside lid depicts a collage of photos showing the military use of the 1911 over the last century.
|1911-22||.22 LR||10+1||7.125″||4.25″||n/a||n/a||15.5 oz|
|1911||.45 ACP||7+1||8.5″||5″||n/a||n/a||2 lbs., 7 oz.|
MSRP: $4,669 (1911-22 and 1911)
MSRP: $1,339 (1911-22 and knife)