Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, the average user rating, and pricing info for the Les Baer 1911 Thunder Ranch Comanche Special pistol.
The second generation of the original Thunder Ranch Special is just like its big brother, but it features a shortened Commanche slide and 4.25″ Comanche-length barrel. And, just like the original, which was conceived by Clint Smith (director of Thunder Ranch) and designed by Les Baer, this is a serious, no-nonsense self-defense pistol which is intended to help people survive in a tough, unfriendly world.
This .45 ACP pistol is also chrome plated, so it’s a perfect choice for any humid environment, like the northwestern or southeastern U.S.
- Baer steel NM frame;
- Baer steel NM slide with rear serrations;
- Slide fitted to frame;
- Baer NM barrel with stainless match bushing;
- LBC deluxe fixed combat rear sight with Tritium inserts;
- Baer dovetail front sight with tritium insert;
- Lowered and flared ejection port;
- Baer checkered slide stop;
- Baer extended ejector;
- Extended combat safety (extended ambi for left handed shooters);
- Baer aluminum match trigger;
- Baer deluxe Commander hammer and sear;
- Crisp 4 lb. pull;
- Baer tuned extractor;
- Baer beavertail grip safety with pad;
- Deluxe high checkered front strap at 30 lpi;
- Flat checkered mainspring housing at 20 lpi;
- Beveled magazine well;
- Polished feed ramp and throated barrel;
- Complete pistol rounded for tactical use;
- Chrome finish;
- Deluxe special slim line grips with thunder Ranch logo (not available with extended ambi safety) ;
- three stainless steel seven-round premium magazines;
- Special Thunder Ranch logo engraved on slide; and
- Special serial numbers with “TRC” prefix.