Summary: The description, specs, photos, pricing and user ratings of the Springfield Armory XD-E pistol.
Springfield Armory‘s XD-E is a semiauto, hammer-fired pistol built on a black polymer frame with a forged steel slide with a black melonite finish, and chambered in 9mm. The “E” in the name denotes the gun’s external hammer.
Other features include:
- A double-action/single action trigger;
- an ambidextrous thumb safety/decocker;
- an ambidextrous magazine release;
- dual recoil springs;
- a full-length guide rod;
- a hammer-forged steel barrel with a melonite finish;
- a low-profile notch rear sight with two white dots dovetailed into the slide;
- a fiber optic front sight dovetailed into the slide;
- a high-grip beavertail and trigger guard;
- a 1″ wide grip with three-zone texturing, including moderate texturing on the frontstrap and backstrap, aggressive texturing on the grip’s corners and light texturing on the grip’s sides;
- a pop-up loaded chamber indicator on top of the slide;
- an accessory rail;
- a slim, contoured slide-release lever;
- no-tool disassembly via a slim, contoured disassembly lever;
- rear grip serrations on the slide;
- three magazines, including a flush-fit magazine, and extended magazine, and a flush-fit magazine with a pinky extension.
Springfield says it made the XD-E’s slide easy to rack.
|9mm||8+1, 9+1||3.3″||6.75″||1″||5″||25 oz.|
XD-E Pricing & Shopping
More XD-E Photos, & Video
On camera: Check out GunsAmerica’s video coverage of the XD-E.