Summary: The manufacturer’s description and specs, the average user rating, and pricing info for the Walther P99 Compact pistols.
The Walther P99 Compact is a semiauto built on a black polymer frame and chambered in 9mm. Two trigger mechanisms are available:
- The P99 Quick Action mechanism offers a repetitive trigger pull and four independent safeties. In this system, the striker is partially pre-cocked, and when the trigger is pulled, the striker is fully cocked and released, firing the pistol. The trigger travel is approximately .31″ with a trigger force of approximately 8 lbs. This short pull with its quick reset provides quick shot delivery especially in competitive situations.
- The P99 Anti Stress mechanism combines the advantages of the traditional double-action system with a single-action anti-stress trigger. This trigger prevents unintentional reflex firing in stressful situations. How? When the slide is racked completely to the rear upon loading, the trigger remains in the forward position for the first shot, not only in the double action trigger mode, but also in the single action mode. The trigger travel is .551″ long in the anti-stress mode (at 4.4 lbs. trigger force), preventing inadvertent firing. On all subsequent shots, the trigger travel is reduced to .314″ (at the same trigger force) and this permits firing in rapid sequence, due to the quick reset of the P99 trigger.
Other features include:
- A black finish;
- interchangeable backstraps;
- rounded edges;
- a flat-bottom magazine butt plate;
- a finger-rest magazine butt plate;
- a Weaver-style rail; and
- three-dot adjustable sights.
|9mm||10+1||3.5″||6.6″||4.3″||1.3″||18.7 oz (w/out mag)|